The new nipper takes that same principle, but puts it together with new ergonomics, type III anodized bodies, as well as a brand new magnetic “spring.” Two sets of rare earth magnets keep the jaws open without a hinge that can be subject to corrosion issues while also acting as a reliable “fly dock” to attach your flies to while rigging. Available with 3 body color options, and our full range of solid gloss colors on the central scale, there are over 54 different combinations to choose from.
Abel Nippers *NEW*
Abel set the bar for high-end nippers when they debuted back in 2007. It has been the only nipper available with dual cutting surfaces versus a cutter-and-anvil design, making it the premier cutting tool on the market for everything from 8X tippet to braid.
- Mil-Spec Type III anodize, machined 7075 aluminum body
- Custom-anodized 6061 aluminum body inserts
- Replaceable 440C stainless steel jaws, heat treated to 58 Rockwell, and user sharpenable
- Opposing rare earth magnets work as a spring that won’t corrode or fail
- Magnetic fly dock designated for temporarily storing and rigging flies
- Replaceable stainless steel hook eye cleaner
- Easily adjustable lanyard made of polyurethane braid, and machined aluminum
- Made in USA